Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Toilets and Toilet House



I know I said I was going to post the comments from vacation as the last piece of the Taiwan Vacation Blog Series but it hasn't worked out that way. It's Wednesday and I'm currently sitting on the can at work, not the one pictured above but close enough. Today is like Monday since I was out sick the past 2 days. I feel more or less miserable but not bad enough to bag work for the 3rd day in a row. Not sure if I got sick from my coworkers or Julia who came home with a cold of some kind, but Monday night before bed I was on my knees blowing my stomach contents into the toilet, which is pretty rare when alcohol isn't involved. Yesterday was a rough day but by the end of the day I did feel somewhat better. Today still better yet but when you package yourself up in the work duds and get on the train, the drain of the 9-5 life drags on you.

So life is almost back to "normal". Nat and Julia went to bed at 7:00 last night so they're just about clear of jetlag. I'm feeling like shit but optimistic this shit winter is almost done. This spring has blown so far. As Maurice was saying Monday, which I agree with, it's depressing. I still have not gotten over the warmth of Taiwan, so the temps here feel brutal to me unless it hits 60 degrees, and even then I need a coat like yesterday. Biking is suffering. I gained another 4 pounds on top of the 5 I gained on vacation. And my "new" bike looks like it won't be done for another 2 months because there aren't any wheels available. Far be it from me to take signs from nature like this, but it sure looks like something is telling me not to put much stock in the race season this year. Considering I don't have a bike right now, I'm sick, out of shape, and the season starts in less than 4 weeks it sure looks like I'm not going to hit the ground running this year.

Whatever, life goes on. I'll make a point to include more pictures in my posts since people love pictures. I may consider moving into the following house if this shit keeps up:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore