Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Monday, August 04, 2008

Monday Cares

I think ordinarily I would be going on about how useless I am right now, it being Monday morning and all. But since I went through the "no magic this year" post a few weeks ago let me just wake up today and tell you that yes, I have affirmed that there is still no magic in 2008 like I had hoped. I think I'm prepared to say that this year is more or less a failure in what I set out to do.

So you wake up one Monday morning. It's the first full week of August, you have about 10 weeks left in the biking season so most of your work is done for the year and when you look at it, you've done a fair job but you're fatter than any time in the last year and change and you know your goals are out of reach. Sure, you can get on a bike and go fast but not as fast as you want. So where does that leave you?

I don't care anymore, I can't care. I was supposed to do a race yesterday, the Dark Horse 40, but I simply didn't want to. No desire to do it so I said fuck it and passed. Why go do a race you just have no motivation for? Why force yourself to do something just for the sake of doing it, especially if you know it won't be worth the payoff?

So I did what any sensible person would do and drank heavily this past weekend. I started the weekend by riding with Bill Saturday morning, then doing TM up at Mahlon after the ride. Got home, grabbed a haircut, then off to South Jersey for lots of beer. I also played Guitar Hero for the first time ever and that game fucking kicks ass!

Then last night I had more beer. I'm just sliding right now. Well I was. Maybe this weekend will be a kick in the ass and I'll get going for real again this week. Well, let me rephrase that. This weekend has already been a kick in the ass to get things moving but the question is, will it move in the right direction or not?

Against all logic, I'm now considering the 24 hour race again. Those of you who really know me know that I make questionable decisions and this would be yet another one. But then you have to ask, why not? Well, I can think of a few reasons but I'm also thinking that maybe I'm going to say fuck it and go for it.

Cycle 46

Vinny asked me this weekend if I had come to any conclusions with my experiment and I have to admit that no, I have not. I'm about ready to wrap this up for now. Maybe in September when the train is full again I can open it up.

Victim: Summit, white, male, 40-49, married, not regular, not fat. Bad breath, almost bald but tries the combover. Dressed for NYC business. Listens to his IPod.

Assessment: Good, keeps to himself.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore