Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Reasons

Thursday morning, on the train, not hungover but certainly not 100%. I went out with my boss for beers last night after doing some on-site support for a few installtions the Ops guys were running. These are new systems coming online in QA and there are all sorts of problems getting it up and running. Not unsurprising but this is getting a little ridiculous. At one point the dev guys were disagreeing with each other on whether or not the post-install scripts were a good idea to run or not. All you can do is shake your head when the devs really don't know what their scripts do.

So we go out to the bar in the Marriot across the street from work. It's convenient and they have Brooklyn Lager on tap which is a good drinking beer. And of course this is why the magic won't happen this year, because I'm doing this stuff more often than I should be. Nothing of the sort on the radar for this weekend but the Darkhorse 40 is next Sunday and I sure won't be 185 for that unless I cut off some body parts, and maybe not even then.

So we're having beers and the moment always comes when I need to do a quick train time check. It was 9:03. The schedule says a train leaves Penn Station at 9:25. There's probably less than a 50-50 chance I make it. The next train after that is 10:49 so if I miss the 9:25 I'm sitting in Penn Station for 1:20. So I did what any sensible person would do and ordered another beer and a chicken quess...ah...not going to spell this right. Quesadilla? Kay-suh-DEE-uh. And threw in the towel and said it's going to be a late night.

I got home at midnight. So I'm tired today. Going to try and post some pictures a little later on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore