Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Friday, December 19, 2008

Still Going to Work

Despite the nearly 4 inches of anticipation on the ground I managed to wake up and get myself to work today. It was tough in a way, since anticipation can be such a heavy burden to drive and walk through. My car seemed not to be effected by it though. I was surprised, since the roads were really icy with anticipation.

The train is sprinkled with random people who were able to make it through as well. I guess many were not able to open their back doors and see that no snow had actually accumulated on the ground yet. Maybe it will. The weatherman says t-minus 2+ hours until it starts. But there's a funny thing about weathermen, they're rarely right. I know this because I've been biking 10+ hours a week for the last 2 months despite the call for rain 5 out of every 7 days. A wet road doesn't equal rain.

Is it going to snow? Who the hell knows. But I refuse to pre-bag my day because they want to scare you into watching the news all day. It's snow, not a nuclear winter. I see on the Facebook status messages that some schools are closed already? What a soft world we live in when schools get closed in anticipation. Shit never used to happen when I was in school.

I have a shit load of work to do today so I want to be in the office until I can pound it out. If anticipation has turned to actual snow I may leave early. Or I may just act normally and take in the panicked carnage all around me. It tends to be fun if not too annoying and obnoxious. Hopefully the Worry Whales at work stay home today because they'll just clog the hallways and complain about the snow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Believe it or not, there are still people checking this (now pathetic) website for updates. We want to know know if you reached 179 or blew up to 350+. We want to know if you're still stalking unsuspecing commuters and flirting with the NJ sexual predator list. We want to believe that the internet is NOT DEAD. Put down that beer, get off your (potentially enormous) ass, find some motivation and give us an update. We want to know what the hell is going on in your life. Come on man, you owe it to your loyal following.....get back in the saddle and give us some insight.

    Vincent

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore