Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Weekend Post on Trainer Session

I don't feel like waiting until Monday to put this workout in, and there's not enough space in my riding log to enter it. So I'm going to put it in now so I remember what I did today. This is all high-end work so it was all at the highest resistance on the trainer. The weather sucks butt.

I warmed up for 10 minutes, roughly. Then I did the following basic set:

Resistance 5
Gearing 52x20 (ish)
Cadence roughly 100
1 minute on, 15 seconds off
1 minute on, 15 seconds off
1 minute on, 15 seconds off
1 minute on, 15 seconds off
1 minute on

This totaled 5 minutes on, out of 6 minutes. After this I was off for 2 minutes. Then I did it 3 more times, but I changed a few details:

Set 2, gearing at 52x19, cadence 90
Set 3, gearing at 52x18, cadence 80
Set 4, gearing at 52x17, cadence 70

The last set I did 2 minutes on, 1 minute off, 5 reps. This brought my total "work" time to 30 minutes. I walked back up the cadence pyramid with this last set, each rep a higher cadence in easier gearing, same resistance.

Set 5 breakdown:

Rep 1, gearing 52x16
Rep 2, gearing 52x17
Rep 3, gearing 52x18
Rep 4, gearing 52x19
Rep 5, gearing 52x20

The cadence was basically what I could handle for 2 minutes. The second minute I usually pushed it up a bit, then the last 30 seconds I would push as hard as I could to finish it off.

After that hour, I did 20 minutes of tempo on top of that and cooled down for a bit and called it a day.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That all looks like a good use of trainer time. As the cadence/resistance/duration varies, do you find that your "limiter" moves between your legs blowing up vs. losing control of your breathing?

    Right now, the majority of my painful trainer work has my legs engulfed in pain before the labored gasping kicks in. A shitload of fun, I tell you.
    -ChrisG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore