Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Chakras or Some Shit

Biking comments will be limited to 1 paragraph today so if you want you can skip ahead. Today was 4th in a row and my legs fucking hate me. I had to split today's ride into 6 sets of 10 minutes with 2 in between. The overall effect was the same but I needed to break it up a bit because my legs and my brain weren't happy about the situation this morning. This short-but-intense block structure works out better for me because frankly I'm not sure I could have finished today if I knew I had to do it again tomorrow. I expect to be a zombie tonight.

I watch TV while I ride in the early morning and let me tell you, mummy shows at 5:00 am are fucking boring. This does nothing to get the blood flowing. Since we got FIOS I now have a tuner-box in the basement as well which gives me the ability to watch any of a few hundred shows, none of which turn out to be anything excitement worthy. Mummies, tornadoes, and dolphins today. Whoop de doo Basil! What does it all mean?

At some point I need to start watching movies again because all my arcane references come from Austin Powers, Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles, or the Simpsons. I'm getting old.

Broke out the IPod Shuffle this morning after having recharged it a few weeks ago. The thing about the Shuffle is that you have no display, so it is what it is. So you push play and hope something comes on. We'll I hit the button and the first set of music was some '60s hippy shit, almost Fairport Convention but not quite. Maybe Sandy Denny but I really can't place what it is. Then I got to a series of podcasts from some new age guy talking about chakras or some shit. I'm thinking at this point, "What in the hell was I going through when I put this stuff on?" I skipped through them and got to Pearl Jam. Even after all these years I still dig Pearl Jam. Their music hasn't expanded much but it also hasn't degraded either. They're like the Red Hot Chili Peppers in that regard, extremely consistent, if predictable, bands.

The days are getting noticeably longer at this point. The sun starts rising before I leave for work and it still up when the train comes out of the tunnel. Mentally this makes winter a whole hell of a lot more tolerable for me. It represents that we're slowly on our way out, even if we really aren't. The brain is a powerful tool, so best learn to delude yourself into thinking the world is great then it is, in effect, great. I need a coffee.

Hopefully tomorrow I can post some more comments. Currently reading Confessions of an Economic Hitman, which sucks, and the second book of the fantasy series. Yes I'm a dork.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fond memories of hearing Pearl Jam and the Chilli Peppers blaring through the halls of Davidson A all those years ago, Norm.

    Good times indeed.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore