Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Friday, February 15, 2008

Slow and Steady

Today's cliche is that slow and steady wins the race. This begs the question of the race. What race? If we're talking about the rat race then I agree. If it's a bike race, well enjoy 38th place. Like all subjective realities, the answer is somewhere in between.

Terren

"Thanks for the plug, Norm."

Fuck your yankee blue jeans.

Steve

"*You know, like I said, go with the flow and see where it takes you* sounds awfully familiar... (un)fortunately i missed chris' "ass" story at the picnic."

As did I. But I'm thinking that it was Ben's story as per the next comment below.

ChrisG

"Walter, I just got done laughing at that same memory while reading Ben's comments here. As I recall, he had some really funny anecdotes regarding care and grooming of the South 40 as well. Something regarding full-length mirrors... When ass stories cease to be funny, we'll know we're all doomed."

I think one or both of you guys need to get into the gory details of this story. But then maybe it was Chris after all:

Walter

"this may be off, but ChrisG told a very funny saddle sore story at the picnic, complete with visuals and all. Quite humorous."

I'm thinking now maybe Chris and Ben were doing stand up? I feel left out. Perhaps I was busy gorging myself with foodstuff.

Comments are great guys, keep them coming. Remember, all comments always get posted here. That is, until I get so wildly popular that I can ignore the people that brought me up through the ranks of the blogosphere. It is time for a change! Blogger needs someone who can move them forward, who can deliver synergy in under 30 minutes or you get a free synergy with ham and pineapple on top! I am change! I am synergy! I am woman! Hear me bark like a chicken!

On to politics and one last comment:

George

"Well, it was sort of interesting on Tuesday. Though it seemed like clinton won the popular vote, in reality Obama won more delegates. I guess I could get on board with Obama, but definitely not clinton. Knowing about her economic policies, and her supposed tax plan, there is just no way. I come to that conclusion after reading Sowell. If she does what she plans as far as taxing big corporations, and providing government funded (i.e. - taxpayer funded) healthcare, we will suffer economically in the long-term. That is my assessment. It may not be popular, but I am confident that by applying basic sound capitalistic economic principles against a more social economic policy... A free market economy wins everytime. Sure it is flawed, but countless social economic models over the last 100 years are rotting in the grave. Nice idea on paper but they just don't work. She has done nothing to assure me or most of the country that more taxes, and additional government provided services is the answer to the lower and lower middle class income problem. I agree though that a fix is needed, but it has to be well thought out and more than just "Tax the rich" It seems that McCain will lead the charge on the GOP side, and over on the Dem side it could go either way as of now. Still a long way to go before the November elections. When Ten came out, it was like a musical revolution in my opinion. What a great album. Vs, Vitalogy, & Yield are also great. (Given to Fly - something about the melodic rhythm takes you away to a place in your childhood, or just somewhere where hope and attainment seems possible)I sort of stopped buying their stuff after Yield, I was a bit disappointed in the direction change. But a great band for sure. I found myself cheering for the Giants too. The Pats are a well run, organized team which I really appreciate, but it was good to see the local team win. Your training regiment seems to be taking its toll on the old legs eh? I'm sure it is one of those deals where you just have to get used to it...hmm, get used to the pain? Sure, isn't that what all the tough guys say? I suppose no pain no gain works for some, but everyone is different. You will figure out what works best for you, then it's look out for Norm...he'll be rolling up and over you...punk! : ) Yea, winter blues over here man. Even though the hours of daylight are extending each day, it seems a long way off until warm days and sunshine! Keep pedaling dude."

On politics, let's be honest. This is just a conservative-liberal dog and pony show to see who ascends into the office and continues the years of American Imperialism abroad. Obama might seem to offer hope of change but without the good old boy network supporting him how does any change really happen? And if there is dramatic change how does that actually stick? To be honest it's just like discussing if there's life "out there" while sitting on a car hood drinking a few beers. This is entertainment, like Roger Clemens.

In hindsight I'm happy the Giants won because the entire New England region is taking it as poorly as you possibly can. They're defining what it is to be a Sore Loser and that's great to watch. I hope the Red Sox lose 100 games this year.

Biking is going well. More news at 11. Or not. As Fred says, kick ass sea bass.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore