Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Term Oil

I was always amused that you could write SHELL OIL on a calculator as a kid. You could not, however, write turmoil. Sometimes it's written in the stars and you just have to go with the flow. I got one of these email forwards recently which said that you can judge a person by how they handle lost luggage, the elderly, and 2 other things I can't remember. Maybe trench coat flashers and being stabbed. I forget. In the end you just need to go with the flow and do your best to enjoy the ride.

Enough with the vagaries. On to comments!

ChrisG

"I think I've asked this before, but what gear are you using for these tempo sets? Did Jason give you a back rub at the end of the fitting?"

Yes he gave me plenty of back rubbing and has me obsessing about the fact I have awful posture.
I think you asked what gearing I was using on the trainer for the threshold sets, which I forget the answer to. On the trainer it's mountain gearing so big ring then next-to-smallest ring. This is with resistance at 3 (of 5). So gearing isn't as useful because the resistance changes.

On the road it depends, sometimes 52-16 realm but usually 42-13 realm. I say realm because I don't know my exact cassette cog counts.

Today was the same as yesterday, overall cadence a bit lower, more like 87 than 90 which is good for day 4. I'm really noticing my bike fit on this is way off. I have my original mountain bike on it which is a size too small. So my saddle is far too back but not high enough. But if I do the saddle right my bars will be way way short. I think I'm going to slap the other roadie on there after I set it up right.

BikeNBen

"Just wanted to comment so you know I'm reading...As you pointed out, the saddle sore is a product of the trainer. On the road or trail you are constantly moving around on the saddle. Each crack in the road or root on the trail changes the position of you butt in the saddle. You get none of that on the trainer so you end up rubbing and rubbing the same piece of skin. Make a point of moving around while on the trainer. Ben (been known to use bathroom utensils to remove sores)"

Hey great to have another person commenting on the blog. Maybe it's a good thing that I have such a crap bike fit on the trainer because this morning I was squirming all over the place. OK, maybe not. I've also ditched the diaper shorts. Good for 2 weeks now.

I just found a "pore cleaner" that my wife uses sometimes. She hid it from me because when I find any zit anywhere I immediately smash it. But I caught her the other day and now I have the ultimate weapon for saddle sores. This is a long, needle-like implement that will be next to impossible to use without an assistant. But when you gotta pop, you gotta pop. I read somewhere to put a warm compress on it first to soften it up.

This is an old one I never got to:

Jake

"wow, lots going on: 1. good luck wiht the job. if they cut my web access, i'd quit. i'd also be in big trouble b/c i work from home 2. julia is wicked cute. i'm leaning towards the tom cruise theory. 3. walt is not real. he's the id."

The work blockage was a temporary glitch and it came back later in the day, thankfully. Yes we all agree at the Zurawski household that Julia is a cutie, almost surely a mistaken donor at the lab :) For all the commenting Walter does, he sure doesn't seem real. But I understand he's busy with work and things like that. It's like the rest of us who have to write blog entries in their car while waiting for the train.

Would you believe this whole entry was done in my car? The train is now 30 minutes late. Going to be a late start at the box factory today. You know, like I said, go with the flow and see where it takes you. Sometimes it's more interesting than you might imagine. The train later ended up getting stuck in the tunnel. Term oil indeed.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this may be off, but ChrisG told a very funny saddle sore story at the picnic, complete with visuals and all. Quite humorous.

     
  • At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Walter, I just got done laughing at that same memory while reading Ben's comments here. As I recall, he had some really funny anecdotes regarding care and grooming of the South 40 as well. Something regarding full-length mirrors...

    When ass stories cease to be funny, we'll know we're all doomed.
    -ChrisG

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger shaggz said…

    *You know, like I said, go with the flow and see where it takes you*

    sounds awfully familiar...

    (un)fortunately i missed chris' "ass" story at the picnic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore