Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Recovery

I'm finding that the 4-on-3-off structure of training is changing the way my body reacts now. You would think that by Tuesday I would be exhausted and insanely hungry. While I am tired and hungry, it's not nearly as bad as you might think. What I'm finding is that Wednesday I start to totally shut down and eat like there's no tomorrow. It was all I could do to not eat everything in sight yesterday. By the afternoon my legs were sore as could be. This morning I hit snooze which is something I never do anymore. It's not good or bad, it's just a different pattern that I find interesting.

Now that I'm in a pattern I will more than likely change it up over the next 15 days to get ready for the trip. We leave on Saturday the 8th and I will be able to ride that day as our plane doesn't fly until 10:30 at night. But I'm not going to take 3 days off then ride once then get on a plane. I'm more than likely going to overload before I leave so I don't feel the need to try and ride 10 times while we're over there.

ChrisG

"A 19.5 avg solo is hauling ass. That's a good indicator of your fitness at this point. I'd say that your focus on building strength at lower rpm is good. The most intense and volatile fitness is that which is required to push big gears at high rpm, so the building combination of big gear/low rpm and little gear/high rpm is just what the doctor ordered for this time of the year, IMO. That's what I'm in the midst of myself right now."

Things seem to be working out so far this year, which is nice. I really wish I could get down to Allaire every other week to follow you guys around but it's just not practical. And it seems like right now we don't have a core of guys who train every week up here in the Frozen Tundra of Green Bay. I'm hoping to be able to maintain this state for the 2 weeks we're away then really start to focus on pressing the ceiling up once I get back. Oh and getting a new bike too!

Really pushing the big gears at higher cadence is something I've never done. I suppose I touched on it last year but it was awfully painful so not a whole lot. I'm feeling a lot more prepared for the demands of racing this year but as the astute observer might notice, it's not even March yet.

Walter enjoyed my train observation the other day so here's my morning observation. There's a big black female conductor who always seems to be in the car I ride in (they usually take care of a block of 3-4 cars each). She gets people to show their tickets by basically getting up in their grill and announcing, "GOOD MORNING ALL TICKETS DISPLAY!!!"

She does this 12 times per car, at least. She also seems to relish arguing with the passengers.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore