We make holes in teeth!

Monday, February 25, 2008

2 Work Weeks

I have 2 work weeks and then we're off to Taiwan. As coincidence would have it, Nelson is going to be in Taipei for 3-4 days while we're there. So we may get to hang out for a night or 2 or maybe even a day in there, if things work out. You know how details go though. On the trip, I picked up one of the Taiwan guide books today and will probably read about it for 2 weeks, so I can fill my head with a bunch of Taiwanese things we probably won't have any time to see.

I don't expect much out of this trip, other than hanging out and eating. The flight there will be enough of an adventure. After that I'll take what I can get. I'm trying to find a bike to rent so I don't turn into a big fat slob while I'm gone. It will also allow me to get out while Nat hangs out with her family. Not sure what I'm going to do if I can't find a rental. 2 weeks off the bike is an awfully long time. If I wasn't racing I could give 2 shits. But with the first race coming on the first weekend of May it could be tough to take 2 weeks off. Or maybe 2 weeks off would do me a world of good.

Another option would be to blow it out from now until next Saturday. The main problem with that is that I will be placing bike fitness above sanity, which isn't a great idea. In the end, if I have to take 2 weeks off then so be it. I'll come back and be ready to roll on Easter day, even if a step (or 3) slower then when I leave.

I've already concluded my 4 day block. Last week I was 4 on, 2 off. Then since I was home Friday because of the snow I hopped on the trainer and knocked out a trio of threshold sets. Saturday was crap weather so trainer again. Yesterday road, where I was sluggish. Then I tied up today with a 4:30 wakeup to the trainer again. Blah. But here's the real sucky thing. The trainer is shitting the bed. Well it still works but it just makes a lot of noise, clicking noise. It used to last for 3-4 minutes but today it was still on & off for 45 minutes. That's not acceptable and I need to bounce it back to Performance Bike to have them take care of it. When I bought it they said it was 100% satisfaction guaranteed, which the rep told me meant at any point while you owned it. It's been a winter and a half on it, and it's time to make that call. Well, to make it again. My first attempt resulted in a non-answered phone.

This week will also be 4/2 then another 4, which leaves the last day of that set on Saturday, the day we leave. So stacking it that way will maximize my saddle time before we leave.

Also in the next 2 weeks I have 2 Crank Brothers orders to nail down, the team jersey to help design, samples of the jersey to pass out for fittings, a bike to build, a castle to storm, a GPS to send to Garmin to fix, and the accountant stuff to work out. This on top of the Taiwan stuff. So basically, now is not a time to drag my feet and wait until the last minute. With that said, let me go nap under my desk now because I don't feel like dealing with reality.

Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home


Accommodation in aviemore