Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Toast

Coming home from work Tuesday I was totally toast. It's a good thing I do my rides in the morning because by the end of the day I'm about ready for bed. I think the translation there is that I'm out of energy, ready to eat. Need to feed the machine. So every day I generally hit a lull just before I get home and don't come out of it until after I eat.

I suppose that means I should take a closer look at how and when I eat throughout the day. Maybe I need a little something more at the end of the afternoon and less at some other time of day. Who knows. Something to think about either way I guess.

If you're interested in endurance mountain biking you should read this thread here. The guy who broke the GLR record, Dave Harris, is someone I email with occasionally. Really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. But it makes me wonder how much of his training advice I should take. He's at such a high level of fitness it's really hard to apply his situation to mine. As long as I keep it all in perspective I suppose it works out.

This morning was an easier ride, some nebulous area between endurance and tempo, with the overall effort splitting the difference. Average was 15.6 on almost the same ride I did last Wednesday. I cut it off because I was running short on time. This is supposed to be my "no burn" day which it was. Unfortunately "no burn" is pretty boring, and the 57 degree temps remove my ability to just sit back and relax since I'm in summer mode now. The lower pace ride also allows me to feel all the stresses and tweaks that yesterday plus the weekend does to my various body parts. To be expected in a build. But it doesn't hurt any less.

Rest of the week up in the air right now. I was hoping to work from home tomorrow and go down to Chimney Rock early then drop my bike off before the weekend but work is too hot right now. Still a possibility but doubtful. That would open up the weekend a little bit. Actually it would open up the weekend a lot since Nat is meeting one of her mom friends on Saturday, which gives me a good opportunity to get in a 6+ hour ride. Then I could take it easy Sunday and spend some time with the family. Hmm, sounds like a plan.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore