Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chicago Travel 4

7:23 am

In Millennium Park, drinking a coffee, and there are 4 performers, dressed kinda like mimes, up on these 20 foot poles, doing some sort of routine in front of The Bean. There was an ABC News crew there filming it. Can't make this stuff up. It's amazing what you miss if you just stay in the hotel room. It's a beautiful day.

I'm holding out hope I can rent a bike this morning and maybe zip down and see Soldier Field. Why? I don't know.

7:46 am

I give up hope on the Bicycle Center opening. This is the second time it failed to be open by the scheduled time of 6:30 (our 7:30) so I have to assume it means they're not really open at 6:30. Will need a new plan if I come out again for this long, which I probably won't. No big deal, I'm content looking for breakfast instead, which I find 15 minutes later in the form of a Corner Bakery Cafe. I get a ham/chedder panini and some fruit.

8:43 am

Showered and out the door. Going to swing by the Chicago Art Museum before I hit the office for no discernable reason as I'm sure it's not open yet. It wasn't.

3:51 pm

Boy how the day goes by so fast. My last day of learning is still productive. Very good. Going out for beer and steak with the team tonight.

5:16 pm

Ok, really getting mucked up in the gory details now. This is good, for sure. At the same time I friggin spent. Need beer, and steak, and to wrap this trip up and head home. Next trip just 3 days, 2 nights, and bang it out as best I can.

12:05 am

Damn, this late night shit is going to kill me. Good times tonight with 3 of my teammates. I didn't pay for tonight's dinner, but I caught a glimpse of the bill and it makes my $69 dinner from last night look tame. Gotta make sure I fly out here with the family for the Christmas party.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore