Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Friday, January 11, 2008

Don't Mess with Texas

Today's useless factoid:

The phrases "Don't mess with Texas" and the Southwest Airlines catch-phrase "You are now free to move about the country" were both created by Roy Spence, who has now joined the Clinton Machine. So what quirky phrases can we expect to hear from the Clinton campaign in the coming months? If this were a political blog I would rant on and on about what silly expressions might now emanate from that side. But it's not, so I won't.

I decided to take today, Friday, off the bike. This morning I feel good, so I would have gotten a good workout in this morning. I think. But until I try a solid 4 day, blow-it-out block, I won't really know if I can keep that up on the 4th day. So let's see what we can do this week. I hope this rain clears up though because this is all dependent on my getting 2 good road rides in this weekend. Sunday is also up in the air because Verizon is coming to install FIOS, which basically means we're under house arrest until they decide to stroll in and do the work they quoted us.

I'm well into The Skeptical Environmentalist and while it's an interesting book I'm ready to move on. Problem with that is that I'm still about 160 pages from the end which is a lot when all you can reasonably read is 10-15 a day. I'm blazing through the smaller books, having finished Life After God, Wyrd Sisters, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish, Three to Get Deadly, and one before that I don't remember. Also just picked up Sirens of Titan by Vonnegut, which was the next one on the stack. I've read it before but not in a long time. A brilliant book if memory serves.

Also really getting into blogs again which takes some time to collect. There are hundreds of gems out there. The problem is finding them among the millions of junkers. I've pared down my list of bike blogs because frankly the bike blogosphere is pretty inane. My current blog mix ranges across bikes, sports, science, history, environment, the general blogosphere, and what I would call general interest. Damn Interesting would fit that last category. The general blogosphere is also what I would call the current 20-40 year old generation's musings on life in general, which currently has a lot to do with politics, for better or worse.

Not much else to talk about today. It's dark out and the cold is rolling in. Next week looks like a chilly one.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore