Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Friday, January 06, 2006

A Snag in the Addiction

Last night I ran into a snag in the addiction front. Despite the claims that The Longest Journey is one of those games you can never die or get stuck in, I managed to get stuck. To make a throughly incomprehensible story even more so, I managed to get out of the police station in chapter 3 without grabbing the can of soda. And THEN...then I wasn't able to get back in. Pisser. I'm sure you're bummed too.

No worries. I had to revert to a previously saved game, which isn't so bad save for the fact I hadn't been saving at any regular interval. In fact, I was only saving 1 game, overwriting the previous save each time I played. The only reason I had any history is because the game had trouble overwriting that particular save. Thankfully, I will only have to go and replay 5 or more scenes, as opposed to the whole game, something I'm not thrilled with the prospect of. In all, it will server as a lesson learned, telling me I should have a few states saved for just this eventuality. Hey, it happens.

So I replayed a few scenes and then said fuck it and went and had a few beers. I started off with an Anchor Christmas Ale, which was ok but really not all that special, despite the name of "Our Special Ale." My second beer was a Three Floyds Alpha King Pale Ale. This was a great beer, instantly making it into my Keeper list. I even wrote my first Beer Advocate review when I was done. I currently have 4 beers on my Keeper list, this beer and 3 from Dogfish Head (Indian Brown, 90 Minute IPA, and Raison). This list can only grow right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore