Normbrero

We make holes in teeth!

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Too Busy

I'm out of my gourd here at work so I have to save the coffee post for another day. Sorry Jeff. I have it mostly written up but I need to do a little bit of searching for links and whatnot. So for now all I have is my ride notes for the day...

I did get out this morning and had a decent loop planned. But when I got to the junction point I cut it off short because I didn't think I could pull off the big loop and still make the 7:27 train. I picked up with 4 guys riding and flew around with them for about 10 minutes until they dropped off to fix some minor mechanical one of the guys was having. It was during that little foray that I realized I'm a lot stronger now that I'm letting on since I had no problem catching up with the 4 of them as they pacelined past me. The unfortunate reality is that I'm probably about peaking right now, and I didn't even ingest any LSD. The previous 2 weeks saw such a reduction in volume that it's pretty much got to be the case. So this week should be good on the bike but on the other hand it's kind of wasted. No matter, this is a nice little break right before the build-up for the Allamuchy race. Lots of tempo riding in the days and weeks to come. I'm sure you'll hear all about it.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow just came across this. Good read, I can relate, with 3 kids. To each age its share of things that keep us busy though...

    Get out and race man! With all this biking it would be a waste not to, plus you don't ever get any younger; unless you push yourself.

    Cheers!

    Maurice

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

Accommodation in aviemore